I made these knitted Marzipan cupcakes after seeing them done on the Martha Stewart show. I'm beginning to find out that nothing is as easy as it looks. When I first started making the first one i didn't really enjoy making it. I thought it was kind of sticky and tedious. The worst part for me was dying the marzipan. I wished I could have bought it already dyed in different colors. It took me a while to get all the color evenly distributed throughout. After finishing the first pink scarf which took me 45 minutes I told myself that although it turned out really cute, I would not be doing this again. A few hours after I was done, surprisingly I started thinking about them again and wanting to make another(crazy,I know)so I did. This time I was better at it and it felt kind of relaxing. It's sort of addicting. It took me 6 hours to complete all six. I wasn't crazy enough to make them all in one day so I did one or two a day. My favorite is the purple and blue striped scarf. I love them so much and they took so much time to make I can't bear to eat them.So for now I bought a Martha Stewart cupcake holder box which holds all six cupcakes perfectly and am storing them in my freezer.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Knitted Marzipan Cupcakes
I made these knitted Marzipan cupcakes after seeing them done on the Martha Stewart show. I'm beginning to find out that nothing is as easy as it looks. When I first started making the first one i didn't really enjoy making it. I thought it was kind of sticky and tedious. The worst part for me was dying the marzipan. I wished I could have bought it already dyed in different colors. It took me a while to get all the color evenly distributed throughout. After finishing the first pink scarf which took me 45 minutes I told myself that although it turned out really cute, I would not be doing this again. A few hours after I was done, surprisingly I started thinking about them again and wanting to make another(crazy,I know)so I did. This time I was better at it and it felt kind of relaxing. It's sort of addicting. It took me 6 hours to complete all six. I wasn't crazy enough to make them all in one day so I did one or two a day. My favorite is the purple and blue striped scarf. I love them so much and they took so much time to make I can't bear to eat them.So for now I bought a Martha Stewart cupcake holder box which holds all six cupcakes perfectly and am storing them in my freezer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment